Funke Akindele now Mrs. Khadijat Funke Oloyede Al-Maroof hit the dance with husband today May 26, 2012. The multiple award winning actress tied the knot with her hubby in a grand ceremony that saw the who's who in the entertainment and political sector trooping in to celebrate with the couple. Congrats to Funke especially, ko easy :D, may God bless their union with wonderful children. Sulia kan, Ayetoro kan, eyin wifey won't know the sleepin' mat.. Cheers
Saturday, May 26, 2012
I got preoccupied sharing pictures from Funke Akindele's wedding that I nearly forgot to post this, I am also exhausted so can't explain it but check out the following tweets to get some understanding of what went down between execs of two of Nigeria's giant oline music platforms. Apparently, tweep @OvieO called out the guys at tooxclusive.com for allegedly jacking a song by DaGrin they shared on their website, but the guys at tooxclusive refuted that claim and minced no words telling @OvieO of #NotJustOK.com how disrespectful he was to come at them without checking the facts. @OvieO has since apologized to tooXclusive.com,. All is fair now, I visit the two websites and will hate to see issues like this type coming up again, in essence, I'm saying y'all rock with what you do, but lets keep peace.
May26 - Ini Edo and Rita Dominic are two Nollywood actresses that have had their own fair share of controversies in the media. Before their reported fight, they were best of friends both on locations and in their individual lives.
Just like a big bang, the media became filled with reported feuds between the two Nollywood’s top actresses. the reason for their differences has been kept secret and away from their curious fans of the two make-believe queens.
Though none of them has come out to deny reports about their reported rift but they have kept mum about it. So, GN sought to know if the story was
Though none of them has come out to deny reports about their reported rift but they have kept mum about it. So, GN sought to know if the story was
Of course, I got to lectures late. What self respecting big boy like me comes to lectures early? That’s for all those silly efficos that carry textbooks bigger than their heads with authors whose names they can’t pronounce. Yes, those same effico that will still be counting ceiling boards in the exam hall. Me? I have my systems. I know how to get by. For today, as every day, I had to spend extra care to make sure I was looking good. I had to visit the barber to make the mohawk sharp and dye it a bit so I could look tight. I was going to make a killing today. That girl, that course-mate of mine that I had been trying to bag since the start of the year? She would have to agree to go out with me today.As I sauntered into the lecture hall, the lecturer, a young, hungry man paused to cast me a withering
I follow Mallam El-rufai on twitter, to be honest he has this funny way he replies questions his followers ask him on the micro-blogging site, sometimes his criptic replies can be annoying but you get the feeling he's trying his best to anwer and retweet all of these questions, so I don't blame him much really (tongue in cheek), Anyways, I lifted a few of them for you, note his answer to @9ijaobserver, *demolition experiences*, you'll understand the joke if you recall his stint as Minister of FCT and his then not so popular stand of demolition of houses that didn't meet federal requirement. Enjoy!
The tweets by @getbizzy00, those are hilarious.. I mean seriously?!!! I hope they make your day too.. Lol.
Chris Brown released video for 'Sweet love', a single off of his current album. Chris walks through two rows of beds that have women laying under the covers.. Coughs.. As he passes their beds, the women float in the air and get that o-face of ecstasy. You'll another cool scene of a steamy make-out scene in the rain. Rating: 5 stars for Breezy, even tho I don't dig him at the moment but brotha knows how to make good music. Enjoy the video after the jump.. BTW, really you gotta thank me for this, cos you're gon LOVE IT!
2. This is No. 34 Okolo Street Onitsha, the residence of the Great Zik of Africa. He is pictured acknowledging cheers from supporters in 1959. This is one heritage that was well preserved by the Europeans. This photo may not be in our National Archive.1. Crowd gathered at Zik rally in Urualla, 40 miles from Onitsha. Zik (Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe) on table talking to crowd and introducing candidates and supporters. He introduces Felicia Obua, a local N.C.N.C. organizer in the Orlu division. This photograph was taken by Eliot Elisofon, who was on assignment for Life magazine and traveled to Africa from August 18, 1959 to December 20, 1959.
3. This is pre-Independence Enugu! The photograph was taken by Dr. Simon Ottenberg while conducting field research at Afikpo village-group, southeastern Nigeria, from September 1959 to December 1960
Know your history young Nigerians, these pictures are national treasures, decades after they were taken, they still look great. Kudos to the archivists who preserved them. Continue after the jump to view larger copies.
Janet Jackson shows off her svelte figure on the cover of Prevention‘s July issue, on newsstands May 29. Here’s what the 46-year-old singer had to share: On shedding the pounds: “Health was always a concern. When I gained weight in 2005, my nutritionist was very worried. I was close to having diabetes. Even when I lost it [and] then gained quite a bit back, there was always the thought of heart disease … Knowing I have these problems with body image, I ask my friends and family to tell me when I’ve lost too much. Because I will continue to pick on myself like all other woman do, and say, ‘You need to [lose] more here, more there.’She looks real fab for a woman her age..Nice going.
According to Prof. John Idoko, DG National Agency for the Control of AIDS. during a presentation on Pre-exposure Prophylaxis by the United States Mission, only 30.5 per cent of married men who engage in “penetrative sex with commercial sex workers use condoms,” and this figure was arrived at through research carried out on respondents. Ewww.
The study showed that out of the 1,396 and 459 married male respondent who reside in urban and rural areas respectively, only 137 had used condoms with commercial sex workers in the past six months prior to study and only 63 men used it at last visit.
About 62 per cent of new infections, he said, occurred among persons perceived as practicing “low risk sex”, including married sexual partners.
All I can say: Married men out there who engage in sex with prostitutes should really be ashamed of themself... Greedy human beings their kind. Women need to protect themself more nowadays. OkBye
Thursday, May 24, 2012
2. Wow, Funke Akindele is now Mrs. Al-Maroof just like that ehn.. Ok o, may the rest of us have our own wedding in record time and may we be celebrated for it too. Cos mhen, the spate at which these celebrities are getting married ehn, you would think the world is coming to an end. Congrats to her once again.9. This grandma has some madt swag.. Someone should tell Whizkid to take note.. noone is gon be axing this mummy.. okBye
1. You gotta luv this picture, whoever said a bride can only ride in limos and exotic cars must have been smokin' weed.. gon ask the lady of interest :D Chick saved a lot of money on gas and wasted no time trying to be what she's not (tongue in cheek), she also saved ample time using the Keke Marwa, y'all know KMs easily manuever out of any traffic situation in Lagos, your big jeeps, Nissan
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
There's one small request at the end of this story, if you can do it, you will be helping this cause. LINDA IKEJI- Some of you have heard about Blessing Effiong. I carried her STORY here about a month ago after reading about her in Punch. For those who have never heard about her, let me tell you her story.
SOURCE - The Saturday wedding of Nollywood Actress Funke Akindele is to Gulp a conservative 25million if what we hear is to be believed. Findings reveal that the wedding planners is Victoria F, All Seasons events place will gulp 2million, Musicians to perform at the Enagement will smile home with about 8million, Gbenga Adeyinka the MC is to go home with 500,000 while Astoria Catereers has pocketed 10million while the Drinks company has been paid 3million. The Engagement is a strictly by invitation one and already IVs are out and it is going to be strictly by invitation.
My comment: Wen then, equals to.. Lol. My lil sis' Aso-Ebi was a record 20,000 (winks to 'record'.. But true that), Asiwaju and BRF weren't there (..they don't know us) *bet we had madt fun with fam and loved ones. BTW, over 150 people bought her Aso-Ebi, so same noni ati 25K, 50K or more even.. When I'm getting married, I won't have a 15,000 Aso-Ebi, talkless a 20,000 one because I'm a bit tightfisted, all that money on wedding.. Hian!
Anyways, more after the jump on Funke Akindele, congrats to her, if I was in Naija, I would have made your big day def.. Hugs
Jessica Sanchez and Jennifer Holiday sang “I Am Telling You.” in what everybody describes as the most intense and spirited performance you will ever see. She came runner-up to Phillip Phillips who was announced as winner of the 11th American Idol.. Congrats to him, he's really fantastic too. Y'all should know where I'm going with this, that I wish Jessica had won.. She's only 16 with all that talent. America will not forget her so soon, she may yet turn out to be the more popular singer post-IDOL. You can take that to the bank.
Watch the video of Jessica's performance with Jennifer Holiday, you'll enjoy this, remember to thank me later.
Married father-of-three Keith Ogunsola groomed his 14-year-old victim and lured her to hotel around the country. The 47-year-old science teacher from Banstead in Surrey, started sexually abusing the girl in 2001, when he took her virginity by raping her at a Croydon hotel, one UK newspaper reported.
Croydon Crown court heard Ogunsola subjected the girl to three years of terror, telling her to wear skirts with no underwear so it
1. My man, Didier Drogba :D led Chelsea to it's first win of the Champions League Title on Saturday, the Ivorian star is still in the news but this time for his recent announcement that he will be leaving Chelsea Football Club at the end of June of 2012 when his contract expires after eight years with the club. Aww, some sad news there for his fans who worship him like a god, no? We all wish him the best whereever he pitches his tent.. Madt luv from here
2. Tolu Toolz Oniru, On-Air Personality at the BeatsFM has to be the hottest chick in town. Can you believe that figure? She has those badt hips on her and the hour glass shape.. Come on!!! Someone should crown Toolz Miss Endowed already, girls like her should not have to marry one man (no be curse o) or she should be kept at a museum for display so every man can feast their eyes on her anytime, anyday, everyday and all year round.. Lol.
7. Hmmm, this one I love gaan, her name is Oyindamola Ishola, close friends call her Posh. Posh is one HOT chick, no? I say she is!!! Oyinda works with Groupe Aldelia Limited, an Oil and Gas + HR Consulting firm, so y'all should know girlfriend is loaded (Lol), hit me up if you are interested.. Guys only, no homo :D
3. Wow!!! Halle Berry at 45.. REALLY? I wish to look like this when I'm that age, though for a fact I know I'm going to be fat (LOL but true tho..) FAT is an understatement sef, I don't see how I can help it, but shall I not dream of a great shape and work towards it? I shall.
Continue after the jump
BET releases complete list of nominees for the 2012 awards, and two of Nigeria's acts made the cut for Best International Act – Africa category. They are EME/Konvict Muzik Recording artist, Wizkid and the Chocolate City star, Ice Prince. Other African acts in the category include Ghana’s Sarkodie, Kenya’s Hip-Hop Group, Camp Mulla; South African Afro-Soul sensation, Lira; and Mali’s Mokobe. Something tells me we are taking this one, and my money is on you Whizkid.. Covers face :D
Okies, so what do you say? Who shall it be? Winks
Vanguard Newspapers - The embattled Alowa of Ilowa in Obokun Local Government Area of Osun State, Oba Adebukola Alli, who is standing trial before an Osogbo High Court for alleged rape of an ex- corps member, got off the hook on three of the four charges against him.
The judge, Justice Oyejide Falola dismissed three charges out of the four counts preferred against the monarch for the failure of the prosecutor to substantiate the allegation before the court. Alli, who was accompanied to court by his wife, had, since 2010, been facing four counts charge of rape, kidnap, asault and deprivation of the liberty of the ex-corps member and had filed a no case submission before the court on the last trial of the case.
The accused person has set up a defence of justification by confessing to have made love to the victim.
35 students of Ifelodun Grammar School, Kiloru, were on the court premises to protest against his continuous trial penultimate week. (eyes rolling).
Monday, May 21, 2012
DAILY TIMES - Grace Obehi, a resident of Lagos, in the early hours of Sunday in Lagos, gave birth to a baby boy inside a commercial bus. An eye witness, Ifeoma Ogugua, said that Obehi entered into labour during a church service. Ogugua said that she noticed that the pregnant woman was restless in the church, "as she stood instead of sitting during the church service". She said she linked the pregnant woman’s restlessness to labour pains and decided to pay close attention to her.
While I'm no longer Team Breezy since recent times, I was one of those who thought he deserved a second chance but not so sure about that anymore, one thing you can't take away from him tho is his strong stage presence, no one can own ANY stage the way Chris Brown does. Check out the video of his performance at Sunday's Billboard Music Awards 2012.. See it after the jump
Timaya tweets earlier today about his newborn, some lucky woman just delivered a baby girl for him, he shared the baby's picture on twitter for fans to get a first look at. Congrats dude, I still wish you and Empress couldda been together like forever tho (winks), well that's cos I luv Empress and like you too a bit, regardless of both your crazy attitude.. But madt luv from here.
You do see Tuface's picture with his son? That's so cute, no? It's one of my fav pictures of him, give it to tubaba, he's very responsible towards his children, God bless his heart. Oh well, silly thing with a thanksgiving service for Chelsea's win past days, I shake my bum bum for the pastor that allowed a thing like this one.. In Linda Ikeji's voice,' some people haff ya were.. Instead of pi:ples to be praying for Nigeria's salvation.. Heheh.