Sunday Trust Reports: At least 50 operatives of the State Security Service (SSS) from the Northern part of the country are being transferred from the presidential guard in Aso Rock Villa and are being replaced by those from the South-South. This according to Sunday Trust
The transfer list will be released and the affected operatives will proceed to their new locations as soon as President Goodluck Jonathan returns from his trip to Trinidad & Tobago and Jamaica.
In this drastic move, the reason for which was not clear as at press time, 10 operatives from the South-West and seven from the South-East are affected. Report says the changes are being spear-headed by two new contract security staff of South-South origin brought in by the president’s Chief Security Officer (CSO), Mr Gordon Ogbua.
The source said, “With the engagement of these two men, who had earlier retired from the SSS, a new layer was created in the structure of the president’s security. An Officer-in-Charge of Body Guard unit was created and one of the contract staff has been put in charge of this unit. Previously, the president’s body guard was under the office of the Chief Detail to the President.”
Under the transfer being carried out, new team leaders for the various security units are being appointed from the South-South stock, with few experienced team members being retained. Funds are being sourced to train the new operatives being posted to the Presidential Villa.