Monday, April 9, 2012

In Case You Missed It, Jennifer Hudson's Family Tragedy Jury Selection Begins

Months after the murder of Hudson’s mother, brother and nephew in 2008, it was Whitney Houston who presented her with a Grammy. Now, the Oscar winner is no doubt bracing herself to relive that tragedy once more, as jury selection begins today for the trial of William Balfour, the estranged husband of Hudson’s sister, Julia.

William Balfour is accused of killing Hudson’s mother, Darnell Donerson, 29-year-old brother Jason Hudson and 7-year-old nephew Julian King (Julia’s son) in a jealous rage. JHud made a brave return to the public eye at the Super Bowl and the Grammys
following the murders.

“It’s all like a blur. It was surreal. It was like I was outside of myself,” she said of the aftermath. “I pray when I get up in the morning and pray before I lay down at night. If I didn’t, I’d wake up depressed.”

She said she spent almost two weeks straight in one room, with family and friends visiting, as she avoided the public eye, but eventually, she decided it would be healthier to return to her career. “I knew if I sit here and dwell on it, it’s going to be harder.”

No comments: