Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo Resigns As PDP Chairman Board Of Trustees

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has resigned as chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party. In a statement he personally signed on Tuesday, Obasanjo said he had sent the letter of resignation to the chairman of the party.
“I have formally sent in my letter of resignation as the Chairman of Board Of Trustees of PDP to the National Chairman of the party as prescribed in the party’s constitution. I have formally requested the President to allow my bowing out and to issue a short statement to that effect.
“By relieving myself of the responsibility for chairmanship of BOT of PDP, I will have a bit more time to devote to the international demand on me, my exit will also afford me more time to develop my presidential library and mobilise and encourage investment in Nigeria and Africa.” he said in the statement, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

Shall we say congrats on your resignation sir? I don't know what people say in situations like this one but congrats still :D


No comments: