Sunday, March 4, 2012

Oprah Says No To Parenthood - No Children For Me!

Billionaire Oprah Winfrey may not have raised any children of her own, but she’s certainly made a difference in the lives of countless kids thanks to her generous philanthropy. Still, Winfrey (who suffered sexual abuse as a child and, at age 14, gave birth to a baby who died a few days later) has been in a relationship with businessman Stedman Graham since 1986 and did consider adopting children during her multiple visits to Africa over the years. Ultimately, she decided she couldn’t dedicate the time to both caring for children and running a media empire.
"I could not... have had this life and lived it with the level of intensity that is required to do this show the way it's done," Winfrey, 58, told Barbara Walters in December 2010. "I'd be one of those people that the kid's coming and saying, 'Mom, you've neglected me.'... So I have no regrets about that. I have none ... not one regret about not having children because I believe that ... it is the way it's supposed to be."

No comments: